Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rainbow Cupcakes (featuring my “new” kitchenaid)

Let’s be honest with each other...I really did this so I could talk about by wonderful new find from goodwill.
This lovely lady
The best money I’ve ever spent at a thrift store.
Anyway, I wanted to give rainbow cupcakes a try!
Pretty simple: pick any white cake recipe. I would suggest only using egg whites though…my color didn’t turn out as bright as I had hoped (which also means add WAY more dye then you think you will need)
Mix it all up, and then separate it unto as many colors as you want and mix in the dye.
I went with 5.
Its much more fun with a helper!
When you pour them in, you can even it out so it makes layers, or glop them for more of a tie dye effect. I even swirled some (not much or else you get ugly brown) with a toothpick in a few to try out different designs.
Then I made a little frosting eyeballing the powdered sugar, butter, milk, and almond. I always use LOTS of almond, just like my grandma told me!
And ta-dah! Pretty cupcakes!

13 comments:

Rachel

GAMMA cupcakes!!!!!!

Amy @ Positively Splendid

These are so much fun!

Kelli @ RTSM

I love the tie dyed look:) I made rainbow cupcakes for St. Patty's Day last year and added a gold coin on top!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming

I love the heart shaped pan! Great find with the mixer - you must be thrilled. Hope you have a wonderful weekend ~ Stephanie lynn

Daydream Believer

Say What?! You found a kitchenaid stand mixer at the Goodwill?! What a score! ;) M*

Leslie

These are sooo pretty! I love the colors you picked!

C.R.A.F.T.

YUM and pretty! come on over and link up to MMM!

Julie

What a fun idea, my kids will love this! Thanks for sharing. Would love for you to come stop by and follow my blog at thefarmgirlrecipes.blogspot.com. Thanks!! (I almost forgot, I am a follower of you too :)

The Farm Girl

Heather

this is neat and my boys will definitely like this!!!

Kate

These are super fun... and I can't believe you found a kitchenaid at goodwill, that is amazing!

Lauren

These are so cool! I am a new follower! I always use lots of almond as well (a trick from my mom). I've never seen these rainbow cupcakes before! I bet it would be a cool cake too!

www.theelephantstrunk42.blogspot.com

jskell911

Those look fantastic! Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend :)

Mandy @ Sugar Bee Craft Edition

Thanks for linking up to Take-A-Look Tuesday at Sugar Bee Craft Edition - I featured you today! - Mandy, www.craftedition.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...