Well I just had my first MBA class tonight. Allow me to inform you the things I learned today.
1. If the class is from 5-9 that is FOUR hours, not THREE. Next time, I'll learn to count
2. Apparently NO ONE uses computers. Just the weirdo law student in the corner typing away.
3. Everyone IS OLDER than you. With big kid jobs. And yes, I still look like a 15 year old.
4. Bring a calculator. Apparently you're the only one that uses Excel
5. Everyone else has life goals. Find what yours is soon, or make one up to start telling everyone.
6. No one starts their MBA in the summer. Yes, you are the new kid that stands out.
7. Apparently, while you're in class- the entire city of Lincoln comes out to party. Yep, I walked out of the building to this
8. Not all buildings are as great as the law building. No comfy chairs, the building layout makes no sense, and you're not supposed to have drinks in class?! A night class with no coffee? We will have to see about that.
9. Oh yeah- and did I mention everyone else is friends already?! Ugh. I never moved as a kid, so I have no idea what it is like to start school after everyone else already is friends. Guess I've just got to turn on that charm :) Part of growing up I suppose!
10. Remember all that stuff in undergrad with math and finance and econ...well APPARENTLY I was supposed to actually REMEMBER all of that. In law school everyone gets a clean slate- not here!!!!