Thursday, April 5, 2012

How to: Personalized Wedding Hangers

Well, it is finally time....time I share how to make your own personalized wire hangers.

I've made over 2,000 of them since I started a little over a year go. Its been fun...but quite honestly...I'm tired. Its hard to keep up with the uncertainty of orders, and its more than difficult keeping my cool when dealing with brides all day long :)

As for how to make them, there really isn't much secret here. I'll share how I make them, but everyone does it differently.

I'll always have fond memories of these (that may be a lie) like poking myself in the eye, getting cut in the leg, and the sores on my hands....but hopefully this helps for anyone wanting to try it out!  

(if you watch this at full screen, it is easier to tell what I am doing!)

I can certainly try to answer any questions, I tried to cover most everything. I know that other hangers have holes drilled and the wire super glued in, but I prefer not to do it that way, as I've seen lots of etsy comments about how the wire came lose.

In addition, I always find it easier to do while standing, the wire is hard to work with sitting (sounds silly) but you need space between you and the roll.

As for only bending it once- I say that because it is almost impossible to unbend and straighten out. I always just start again...the more you bend the wire, the tougher it becomes. Think twice, bend once.


10 comments:

marathonsun

You sure make that look easier than it is!

Amber

I love mine! You did such a great job!

Becca @ The Sassy Penguin

Thanks so much for the tutorial. I had plans to make these for my bridal party!

Michelle

This could not have come at a more perfect time! I am going to a bridal shower this weekend. Featuring this tonight!

idesign

great tutorial! i'm getting married in August, maybe i'll try to make one too :)

Jackie
http://jaclyndesigns.blogspot.com/

Jenna

i got married in decemeber but i've still been dying to make some of these for our lil baby that is on the way! Thanks for sharing! New follower! Found you from the link up at Carolyn's Homework. I have my first linky party going on over at my blog and I'd love you to stop by and link up! :)
http://itsjustcalledspicy.blogspot.com/

Tamsyn

This is such a great tutorial, thank you so much!!! I'm sure you make it look a lot easier than it actually is :)

Mandy @ Sugar Bee Crafts

Thanks so much for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday - you were featured today!
--Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

Patty (Patty's Pretty Things)

I just received some of these for my son's wedding from someone on Etsy. Thank you for showing me how it was done. I think it would be a fun thing to do!

Spittin-Toad

Looks like fun!! I pinned it for future reference.

Denise

PS: I found you on A Little Tipsy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...