Thursday, January 24, 2013

Maternity Photos

This week I had my first maternity photo session (me taking the photos....obviously). I find the idea of maternity photos fascinating. 

My thought is, what is it about being pregnant that makes people comfortable taking their clothes off in front of a stranger, and getting photos to share with their friends and family? Does having a baby grow inside of you make you feel more comfortable in your own skin? Pregnancy is a truly fascinating thing. 


It was a lot of fun, as this couple was so excited. Their baby is due in less than a month, and they will be first-time parents. They have piles of baby clothes and took the time to paint a mural across the baby's room. They were a really wonderful couple! 

5 comments:

Suzy @ Joy Is At Home

This post confused me at first!! I totally thought I missed something... Lol But they look great! I never did get maternity photos done... I just kept getting bigger & bigger and I also hate getting my picture taken! lol But I love them of other people!!! :)

Liz

I love these. I didn't get any photos done with any of my pregnancies, but having babies did make me feel more comfortable in my own skin. It's an incredible experience.

Jenna Childs

I am not sure what it is about being pregnant, but I feel so confident in my own skin right now... Even though I have gain weight, and my waist keeps getting larger and larger, I still feel so comfortable!!! It is an amazing feeling. :-)

Miss Aimee Owl

I havent been pregnant yet, but I would be glad for the excuse! :P

missowlb.blogspot.com.au

Calamity Colleen

I don't know if it's pregnancy that makes women comfortable as much as a new cultural norm. Think how absolutely appalled our grandmothers and great-grandmothers would be by these kinds of photos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...