Well it has been one month now since Kevin popped the question! Sometimes it feels like its been much longer, and other days I look down at my hand and think "Well lookie there, I'd forgotten about you Emery"
(Yes, I named my ring Emery. Not even kidding. Her fully name is "Emery the Emerald Cut Ring")
I absolutely love being engaged. I like being able to think that my ideas of my future after graduation will get to become a reality. Even better, I love that our engagement is going to be a pretty low stress one (minus the stress that law school already gives me). I have a number of friends getting married this summer, and I love getting to talk with all of them about their wedding plans, and not feel like we are trying to one-up each other or any of that. Since we aren't having a wedding, we've gotten to spend time talking and planning about what we will have!
So far we've planned:
1. The colors of our apartment (Sounds like a silly thing, but Kevin is artsy, so I love that he has lots of opinions on this)
2. The colors we will use for our elopement (for my shoes, bouquet, his tie, etc.)
3. I've started working on my bouquet! (more on that later!!)
4. We've talked about apartment locations in Omaha
5. Kevin bought me wedding shoes for our elopement :) I can't wait to wear them!!
6. Where we will go on our elopement (but still haven't quite set the date yet!)
Things we still need to plan:
1. A date
2. Wedding bands- I don't even know what to do about this! I love my ring the exact way it is, I don't really want a silly old band messing it up! I'm sure I just need to find the "right" one
3. Veil/Jewelry- I don't even know what to do about these.
4. When we will have our reception in Omaha and Denver
5. A photographer (that will come immediately after our date!)
6. Elopement dress (dresses?)
I'm sure there are a million other things on the list...but I don't even know what it will be!
I did make myself a hanger the other day :) I was pretty excited about finally getting to make one for me!!