Saturday, January 26, 2013

Red Velvet Whoopie Pies

I had my very first attempt at whoopie pies this week! These turn out absolutely delicious, but a little flatter than I would like! They were great for a first timer though. Does anyone out there have a wonderful recipe for whoopie pies?

Here is the one I used!

1 Box red velvet cake mix
1/2 Cup butter, softened to room temperature
2 Eggs

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Mix ingredients until combined.
  • Drop spoonfuls of cookie batter onto baking sheet about two inches apart.
  • Bake for 10-12 minutes.
  • Cool.
Cream Cheese Filling
1/2 Cup butter, softened to room temperature
1 8 oz. Package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 1lb. Box of confectioner’s sugar
1 tsp Vanilla

  • In a mixer, cream butter, cream cheese and vanilla.
  • Gradually add sugar and mix until smooth.

All in all, they were delicious! It made about 12-13 pies


1 comments:

Jessica Hartman

I would guess that these turned out flatter than you like because of the boxed cake mix. That's just a guess-timation though.

Mike is the whoopie pie maker in our house and he uses Martha Stewart's recipe (believe it or not). I think this one (http://www.marthastewart.com/315783/halloween-whoopie-pies) is similar to the one we have. We have her cupcakes and cookies recipe books and while I don't usually like recipe books, these are truly wonderful and a worthy buy.

The red velvet ones look wonderful! We haven't tried a version like that so I may have to put in a request to Mike :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...