Friday, January 11, 2013

The End is Near

The first week of my last semester of classes is over. So far, I'm hanging in there. Motivation is down, but the   ability to see the light at the end has grown. This semester I was able to chose any classes that sounded interesting. I ended with:

Copyright
Sex Based Discrimination
Employee Benefits Law
Commercial Sales

I also have a short course partway through the semester on International Arms Regulation. Probably one of the topics I care the least about, but it was 1 single credit, which is the last credit I would need to graduate. All in all, I'm feeling good about where I am this semester. 

I'll still be commuting to Omaha for 2 days of work at the law firm. I still have photography gigs a few times a month, and I'm still loving the extra free time of being a 3L. Its hard to believe I'm almost out of  here. Last semester of undergrad was much more exciting. I still felt like I could do anything, and that finally college was over and I could start my real life. Now, I'm enough into the work at the firm, that I know what lies ahead of me--many, many hours at the office. No complaints, I'm lucky to have a plan for post-graduation. 

The engagement has been going extremely well. We are loving this new stage in our life. Together we talk about colors for our apartment, plans, travel and everything that makes being engaged wonderful. Still no set date for when we will tie the knot. I don't mind it though. I listen to my other friends run around crazy, trying to get things done, spending tens of thousands of dollars on these one day affairs, and I am so excited for how we've decided to handle our first few weeks of marriage. We will take our time, no rushing.

All in all, life is good. 

2 comments:

Jessabells

It will be over before you know it. You'll go through this weird feeling when it is over. Like okay now what? Glad to read you are doing well with your engagement. Have a great weekend.

Jessica

Liz

How exciting! Enjoy your engagement, your last semester in law school, and all parts of this season of your life. Before you know it you'll be on to new adventures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...